Friday 4 April 2008

Information Overload

There is so much information out there that when you first start out, you want to learn it all.
Let me tell you, that is impossible. My whole mad idea was to learn it all and do it all in a matter of weeks! Everything from mind storming to web design to advertising to ............ I get flustered even talking about it.
Yep, I must have lost the plot because by the time I scratched the surface, a year had gone by! A whole year of not actually earning anything and I was as confused as I was at the start.
This was truly a case of information overload. I wanted to have my fingers in too many pies at the start. It's true what people say. 'You can't run before you walk'.
I took a few steps back when I realised what was happening and took hold of my senses.
What was the first thing that I wanted to do? Well that was easy, I started a membership site all about newbies wanting to start an online business. Hell I was going through it and I could advise people of the do's and don'ts of starting seeming as I done it myself.
Warning others of pitfalls, advising others of useful software, info products, systems, freebies and so on, I wish I had found a site like that and I would have paid anything for membership to it.
It would have saved me a lot of time and money.
Eventually I got it online but with help from others, that's the beauty of outsourcing!

No comments: